BUILDING ON A LEGEND
Founded in 1842, Riva has been part of Ferretti Group since 2000. It is one of the most famous manufacturers in the world of luxury fibreglass coupé, open and flybridge yachts ranging from 27 to 110 feet (9-34 metres). In 2014, Riva launched a new line of fully customised steel and aluminium boats, ranging from 50 to 100 metres long, known as the Riva Superyachts Division.
On 1 May 2000 the Ferretti Group took over the Riva boatyard, which could thus go back to flying the Italian flag. The Group had a strong will to relaunch Riva products and the brand by focusing on quality, design, and uniqueness. Riva celebrated the turn of the millennium with the largest rally of period boats in history: more than one hundred yachts, representing all Riva models, paraded on Lake Iseo on 10 September 2000, led by the Aquarama carrying onboard Carlo Riva and Norberto Ferretti, bonded by friendship and mutual esteem.
The opening of the Sarnico shipyard, which was established in 1842 on Lake Iseo, in the area of Franciacorta, marked the beginning of Riva’s long history, from the construction of legendary wooden hulls all the way to today’s yachts, ranging between 27 and 68 feet in length. The heart of the boatyard is the office of Mr. Carlo Riva, who personally designed it with a special care for functionality. Called “la Plancia” (helm Station), this office is located in the middle of the shed’s large dome and features a 40-metre wide arcade supported by two pillars, which also sustain two bridge cranes, each of theme capable of lifting boats weighing over 20 tons. The innovative, futuristic architecture of this office, which is visible from as far as the opposite side of the lake and is protected – just like the entire boatyard – by the Superintendence for Cultural heritage, does not go unseen and still represents an impressive example of modern architecture. The boatyard extends over an area of 36,000 square meters, 17,000 of which are sheltered, and can rely on 10 available mooring berths, 2 jib cranes, 4 painting booths, and a 50-ton capacity trailer used to move finished yachts to the quays and for the handling of shells and large components.